(The membership year runs from July 1-June 30 regardless of when one joins.*)
* Beginning with the 2017-2018 membership year, your membership expires on June 30 of each year. The SCMS membership year runs from July 1 through June 30 to match the fiscal year. This institutes a change from our previous September 1-August 30 cycle, which ends with the 2016-2017 membership year. The memberships of current 2016-2017 members will still expire on August 31, 2017; however, new and renewing members for 2017-2018 will now have an expiration date of June 30, 2018. In order to accommodate this transitional 10-month membership (September 1, 2017-June 30, 2018), all memberships will be pro-rated for this coming year only.
NOTE: Membership payments received June 1 or after will be applied to the upcoming membership year. New memberships begun before June 1, 2017, will be given an August 31, 2017 expiration date.
Individual members of the Society receive four issues of Cinema Journal per membership year, access to the members' area, and all relevant mailings issued by SCMS. Members are invited to attend and participate in the annual conference and may submit essays for publication in Cinema Journal.
Institutional members receive Cinema Journal, access to the members’ area of the website, e-newsletters and announcements, and a profile page. Institutional members will also be identified on this webpage, listed in our annual conference program and in future issues of Cinema Journal. In addition, institutional members are invited to provide us with logos and links to their homepages to showcase their programs and activities throughout this website.
'(Temporary memberships are no longer possible as of April 2017.)
NOTE: Individual and Institutional members residing outside the U.S.A will pay slightly higher annual dues reflecting the cost of shipping issues of Cinema Journal outside the United States.
If you experience any of the following issues:
(1) Your account is suspended
(2) Your membership has expired
(3) You don't remember your username and/or password
(4) You're unsure if you already have a profile in the system
(5) You need to have your temporary membership reset to submit a proposal
Please contact the SCMS office for assistance.
Please STOP and read the statements above before selecting your membership type. By creating a duplicate profile to access the website and/or proposal database your profile will not be approved and will delay your access to the proposal system.